San Mateo County has announced a two-day curfew to go into effect 8:30 pm tonight, June 2, 2020. The curfew order requires all non-exempted individuals in the county to remain indoors between the hours of 8:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, and Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Many Bay Area communities are now under curfew orders. For a full list, see https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/list-bay-area-curfews-during-george-floyd-protests/2300953/.
In San Mateo County, exempted individuals include:
- Peace officers, firefighters, emergency operations personnel, the National Guard or other military personnel deployed to the area;
- Individuals traveling to a home, workplace or the airport;
- Individuals traveling to obtain emergency medical care or to care for another individual in another household;
- Authorized members of a media organization;
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and without access to a viable shelter
The curfew applies to the entire county, both the unincorporated areas and each of its cities. Cities can implement stricter curfew based on their local needs.
Read the full San Mateo County curfew announcement for details.
Please stay home and stay safe.