Skyline College is on standby as an emergency shelter site for displaced San Mateo County residents. Once maximum occupancies are reached at the Veterans Memorial Senior Center, San Mateo County will open a temporary shelter site at Skyline College. We will update our community as more information becomes available.
February 1, 2022
The power was temporarily out at Cañada College and the surrounding area. PG&E has successfully restored power to the college, but may have still have some outages in the surrounding area. Estimated time of power for full restoration is 10.15 pm.
Evening classes are still in progress at this time.
If you need assistance on campus contact Public Safety at (650)738 7000.
For PG&E information go to:
March 2, 2020
Dear Campus Community:
We are providing some important tips for staying healthy and for avoiding illness. San Mateo County Health advises that you follow these steps to prevent the spread of flu and also guard against the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- If you are not feeling well (with symptoms such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing), contact your primary care provider and stay home from school or work.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands
- Wash your hands frequently (at least 20 seconds with soap and water)
- Avoid shaking hands and touching your face with unwashed hands
If you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please contact your healthcare provider. CALL THEM AHEAD OF TIME so they can minimize your exposure to others once you are in the clinic.
- For domestic students: Contact your regular provider. If you do not have health insurance, contact your campus health center at the number below for advice. You can also contact your local public health department.
- For International Students: Your health insurance is through Aetna. Call them at 877-246-6997 to find a healthcare provider near you that is covered under your insurance plan.
- Faculty, staff, administrators: Contact your regular provider.
Please keep in mind that the health centers on SMCCCD campuses are not equipped to diagnose or treat coronavirus. If you need medical care, please contact your regular provider.
Campus Health Centers
Cañada College Health Center
Building 5, Room 303
CSM Health Center
Building 1, Room 147
Skyline College Health Center
Building 2, Room 2209