Multiple rounds of widespread rainfall expected through the next several days with a moderate strength system Saturday (Jan. 7th) through Sunday (Jan. 8th) morning, and a stronger atmospheric river event beginning Sunday (Jan. 8) evening into Tuesday (Jan. 10). Widespread flooding impacts are expected as soils are already saturated, and many waterways are running high from the recent atmospheric river events.
- Drive with caution
- Leave early to avoid traffic
- Carry roadside emergency kit Avoid puddles, check breaks after traversing standing water
- Drive slowly on campus
- Watch out for standing water, downed trees, high winds, and park vehicles distant from possibly falling trees
- Report any damages on campus to facilities
Hazardous Weather Conditions Report: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Flood Watch until January 10, 4:00 PM PST
- High Wind Warning until January 9, 10:00 AM PST
- Flood Advisor in effect from January 9, 7:00 AM PST until January 9, 10 AM PST
For more information, please visit: emergency.smccd.info / abc7news.com / weather.gov.