Due to current and projected unhealthy air quality in much of San Mateo County, all campuses and facilities of the San Mateo County Community College District will remain closed on Thursday, Aug. 20 for all in-person activities. This closure includes the following locations and services:
- Cañada College
- College of San Mateo
- Skyline College
- SMCCCD District Office
- San Mateo Athletic Club (SMAC) and its pools
- Student laptop and technology distributions
- Materials and supply distributions for classes
- All community recreational use such as walking or biking
These closures DO NOT affect students taking online/remote classes or faculty and staff working remotely. Online classes and remote work will continue as scheduled.
For those students and faculty scheduled to meet for face-to-face classes, your classes are canceled. Instructors should contact their students and communicate about alternate plans.
Closures are in effect until 5:30 am on Friday, Aug. 21.
An announcement will be made by 6pm each day about any campus closures for the following day. Announcements are made via the following:
- SMCCCD Emergency Website
- Emails to all students and employees
- Text messages to all students and employees
- Twitter and Facebook: @smccolleges