To All SMCCCD Students and Employees:
The State of California today added San Mateo County to its County Monitoring List (also known as the “watch list”), which is a list of counties with concerning levels of disease transmission that impact the general population as well as vulnerable populations. If San Mateo County remains on the Monitoring List for three consecutive days, businesses that are currently allowed to operate indoors will be required to close their indoor operations.
If the changes go into effect, closures in San Mateo would include:
- Gyms and Fitness Centers
- Places of Worship
- Indoor Protests
- Offices for Non-Critical Infrastructure Sectors
- Personal Care Services (including nail salons, massage parlors, and tattoo parlors)
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
For the District, this would mean that the San Mateo Athletic Club (SMAC) on the CSM campus would close at the end of the business day on Friday, July 31.
The District will continue to monitor this new development and will provide updates should final orders be issued by the state or county relating to District operations.
- Read the announcement from San Mateo County
- View California Covid-19 county data
- Read the California Department of Public Health Guidance on Closure of Sectors in Response to COVID-19
Visit the SMCCCD COVID-19 website